PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR 7TH ANNUAL WALK FOR LOVE & 5K AT THE PHILADELPHIA ZOO SUPPORTING SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN®
Shriners Hospitals for Children — Philadelphia is excited to announce our annual Walk for Love & 5K event will be held at the Philadelphia Zoo again this year and adding a timed 5K run. So get ready to walk, run, roll or stroll through the zoo to benefit from the care provided at the hospital.
The Philadelphia Zoo is located at 3400 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104. The Zoo is wheelchair accessible. Only service animals are welcome, your furry friends will have sit this event out.
Be sure to download our official 2021 Registration and Fundraising Toolkit which contains registration instructions, fundraising tips and additional information about the Walk for LOVE.
A special Thank you to our SPONSORS!
The Circle of Friends
Northeast Shrine Club
|Gold Sponsors||Silver Sponsors||Event Sponsors|
In Memory of
TE Construction Services
Ted Jacobsen, PP,
Children’s Aid Fund
Saturday, October 2, 2021
- 7 a.m. – Walk/Run registration and check-in begins
- 8 a.m. – Run begins
- 8:10 a.m. – Walk begins
- 9 a.m. – Awards and program
Philadelphia Zoo, 3400 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- FREE — WALK REGISTRATION (Patients/Past Patients please use the email below to contact us for registration).
- $15 — WALK REGISTRATION YOUTH (All youth 2-18) — Includes Zoo pass and t-shirt.
- $25 — WALK REGISTRATION — (Early Bird rate through August 6th) — Includes Zoo pass and t-shirt. Price increases to $35 after August 6th.
- $25 — 5K REGISTRATION — (Early Bird rate through August 6th) — Timed 5K Run (All Ages), Includes Zoo pass and t-shirt. Price increases to $35 after August 6th.
- $25 — VIRTUAL WALK REGISTRATION — (Early Bird rate through August 6th) — T-shirt will be provided and mailed after the event date. Registration does not include admission to the Zoo. Price increases to $35 after August 6th.
Our hospital’s signature fundraising event will be held at the Philadelphia Zoo, located at 3400 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA. The zoo is easily accessible via public transportation and is ADA compliant. In addition to the 1-mile walk, roll or stroll, we will be adding a timed 5K run.
Like last year, you will be walking, rolling, strolling and now running through the nation’s oldest zoo. Make sure you plan to spend the day with us; your admission is also included to allow our supporters of the event to experience the zoo after our event wraps up. Access to the zoo is granted to leave and return on the same day.
A few other items to note: you will need to leave your furry friends at home unless you have a service animal, zoo memberships cannot be used for our event, and all children under 2 are free.
Parking garages are readily available on the zoo property; we are still working on the fee structure for parking, more to come.
Patient Registration Information:
To register your patient/past patient for FREE, please contact Joy Young at JOYoung@shrinenet.org or 215-430-4206.
Interested in sponsoring our Walk for LOVE & 5K? Click to download sponsorship levels.